June 3-7, 2019
OUR CAMP IS CURRENTLY FULL! THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING! WE WILL REOPEN THE APPLICATION IF SPOTS BECOME AVAILABLE. (Updated May 8, 2019)
Ready to explore the outdoors? The Environmental Explorers Summer Camp will dig into what makes our North Texas environment unique by empowering children ages 6-10 to engage thoughtfully with natural spaces. Through individual and collaborative map-making, campers will be invited to express themselves creatively while developing a sense of place from their own and other's perspectives.Together, we'll nurture creative, critical, and caring thinking through outdoor exploration, philosophical inquiry, art-making, and hands-on activities. Need-based scholarships available.
This camp includes:
- Day Trips to the Dallas Zoo and Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (LLELA)
- Guided interaction with animals, plants, and insects
- Exploration of outdoor spaces
- Collaboration with conservationists and zoologists
- Philosophy with Children sessions that foster critical, creative, and caring thinking
- Art activities, including map-making, collecting, and sketching, to encourage close observation and foster creative expression
Location: Koan School (6441 Fishtrap Rd. Denton, TX 76208)
Dates: Monday, June 3 through Friday, June 7, 2019
Time: 8:30AM - 3:30PM**
Ages: 6-10 years old
For detailed payment instructions, please visit here.
*This includes the cost of day trip transportation and admission. Lunch is not included in the fee. Campers should bring their own lunches with them to camp. Need-based scholarships may be available by request. Please contact Heather Barahona, the director of the Koan school, at email@example.com for more information about scholarships and questions concerning registration. Please contact the Environmental Explorers Summer Camp team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the camp content.
**Extended care hours are available from 3:30PM-5:30PM for an additional $20/week. You may drop off your child/children starting from 8:15 am without a charge.
Presented in Partnership by: